Svenson's  Bulletin Board Forum Index Svenson's Bulletin Board
Bulletin Board for boat building and model airplane building enthusiasts.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maximus update & windscreens (Windshield!) & Mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEFoot

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Maximus update & windscreens (Windshield!) & Mods Reply with quote

Have been doing some more work to the boat as & when I can & decided to post some more pics in my album. Decided on doing some modifications that can be seen in pics Maximus 11 to 13.
I decided to put on a windscreen but am dubious of using acrylic sheet & if anyone knows of a clear or tinted plastic material that would be suitable can you contact me- thanks.
Also, I have changed the seats to a bench seat across with a back rest.
on the second frame I decided after some discussion with a work colleague, that it would be a good idea to have a shhet of ply blocking in frame #2 (I think), from the plans. I'll be taking the boat out in an estuary & if there is a possibility it takes on water there'll be a buffer between the back & the front sections so as not to let water right through.
As per plans I've acquired a 20HP merc two stroke with a control which dates to about 1970 I've been told & a fuel tank & steering all of which needs to be fitted properly to complete the project.
With working away etc. the date for the launch I think is going to be around 14th July. Hopefully I'll be-able to post some pics of the boat doing the 38mph!

any comments welcome - thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: