Svenson's  Bulletin Board Forum Index Svenson's Bulletin Board
Bulletin Board for boat building and model airplane building enthusiasts.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In need of Powerhead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEFoot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: In need of Powerhead! Reply with quote

I've got a 20hp, 2stroke, 2 cylinder Mercury shortshaft that I was using on the Maximus. I believe it's a 1970's outboard. Unfortunately the propeller cavitated! while running & the pistons have overheated & scored the cylinders & rings are broken! I'm looking to replace the powerhead but parts in UK are hard to get hold of. I'm emailing salvage companies both here in UK & in U.S.
I have cut out notch now to drop the engine 2 inches & got hold of a 2 blade merc prop with -11 stamped on it as opposed to a 3 blade with -9 !
If anyone can help with a powerhead or put me in touch with anyone that is prepared to ship parts it would be most appreciated.

Please contact me

thanks

Martin
hal davis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.aomci.org. That is the Antique Outboard Motor Club Inc. They have a free classifieds section on there called "Webvertise". I'm sure someone on there will have the parts you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: