Svenson's  Bulletin Board Forum Index Svenson's Bulletin Board
Bulletin Board for boat building and model airplane building enthusiasts.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skeeto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumiecraft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Skeeto Reply with quote

This is a project of mine that is going very slowly. I am adapting the plans so you can read all the measurements as the original scans are pretty poor. This is a boat very similar to the Ski Tow that is produced by Glen-L Marine. I owned a Ski Tow and it is a very fine ski boat. It can handle quite a bit of HP and turns on a dime. The Skeeto will perform just a well. If any one has a better scan for this boat and it's measurements please post them. I am also working on a couple of the inboard small runabouts. These don't have much info but maybe enough to figure out the sizes required to build them. I am currently working on rebuilding an aluminum ski/speed boat that was built in the 60's. This boat had a wood sheer, gunwale, and upperdeck. I am returning it to aluminum. Here are a few pics of the Ski Tow and the Smithcraft Aluminum. Both before any restoration work. The Ski Tow has been sold.

lets get this forum off to a good start. No junk.

lumiecraft

Last edited by lumiecraft on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
hmlhogan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: skeeto Reply with quote

lumiecraft: Hello, new here as of a few seconds ago. Saw your delema & tryed my trick on the skeeto pages and this works quite well so that you can enlarge on your PC then print. Go to web site www.svenson.com/boat , scroll down to ski boats, don't hold your breath, its a long fall! Ckick to open the plan file window, clk on 1st page. This will open a new window, usually enlarged but will quickly get smaller and breakup unusable. place curser over image and look to bottom right for an enlarge synbel, click. Now you can copy into new folder and images will stay large and very good clear definition.
Ive been working with the Dolly Varden 15.5ft'er changing the bow to that of a war canoe and the stern to a heavy tumblehome like that of an old CR Mason rowwer from 1920's Smithfalls, Ontario which I used to own yrs ago. And still want!!!
lumiecraft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the enlarged image to work with and I even enlarged that to get a better image. I have the abilit to enhance any image but if the original quality is poor the enhanced will not be much better. I am trying to figure out all the sizes listed in the plan so I can make them clear. The rest is just simple removing of the gray muddy background to clean it up and make it clear. You will still have to transfer the sizes to full size to make a proper plan. I just want you to be able to read it clearly so you have half a chance at properly building this boat. I think its still a damn good boat and worthy of building. Wide, stable and fast. Could handle a 120hp engine easy. I don't think I'd go more than that. It will scream with 85hp on it's back.

The project has been put on hold because of the limited interest in this model. It's a lot of work and I won't finish it unless more come forward with a vested interest in this model. This is a very slow site but I do check often. I am the moderator and keep off all the junk for the boat section of the site.
martincito

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am trying to build this boat to i find it very interesting to do wakeboard but i am lacking information as well so please if you can help me with this i will be very glad!
my email is vayausted@hotmail.com please contact me i really want to have this boat running.

one question is the best option for wakeboarding?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: