Svenson's  Bulletin Board Forum Index Svenson's Bulletin Board
Bulletin Board for boat building and model airplane building enthusiasts.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maximus going in water on 14th July! - need ballast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEFoot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Maximus going in water on 14th July! - need ballast? Reply with quote

The Maximus I've named Emm-Jay after my Kids is being launched this coming saturday at around 5:30pm on the high tide. Weather has been poor in the UK so hoping for good weather & not too choppy. The boat has been built to plans & am wondering if it needs Ballast in the front? AS previously said I've got a 20hp merc on the back(had to weld two track rod ends together to get the steering sorted & there's a 5gallon tank behind the second frame) If anyone has any ideas or whether any of the boats on the site have ever require ballast or balancing any replies would be appreciated.
Pictures will be posted up on my album - there's about 40-50 people going from where I work & thought it a nice idea to raise money for the local childrens hospice for terminally ill children. So we've organised a buffet & band for after. Everyone that's attending is buying a ticket & all proceeds will be donated to charity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Svenson's Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Boat Plans All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: